Sunday 20 October 2013

Blogby steps..

What have I done to make this blog look readable?

Well, It took me a long time and patience, since I'm new in the blogspot world. But basically here is a list of the settings that I have modified in order to customize the blog environment.


The name

This part of the process was the most difficult one since I could not say no to the idea that although the blog is an assignment it should have a catchy name somehow. I started thinking about what we had talked during the class, and decided that It had to include somehow the term Geek or Geeky.

I looked up the definition of geek and I found that one of the entries in  http://www.urbandictionary.com/ said that a Geek is "Someone who has an obsession with computers and/or whose life consists of computer related tasks". I don't think every teacher needs to be a geek in order to include technology in the classroom, but you can always try and be slightly geeky, thinking about and using technology in the class.

The Blog template
I choose one of the basic watermark templates, and changed the colour scheme a little. The template is nice enough and it doesn't distract the reader. 

Advanced settings
Another important step was the configuration of the different fonts. For the title I selected a more striking font, called "chewy", and for the rest of the blog I picked the one called "Coming soon".

Gadgets
The broad range of gadgets available makes it really difficult to decide on which ones to select for your blog. I selected the Search box, the one that gives you the option to subscribe to the blog, and the one that lets you put a picture, as a decoration.


Hope you liked my post.
Comments are well received!
Thanks for reading!!


4 comments:

  1. I loved yor post (and your blog of course!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Lore! I´m happy you liked it.

      Delete
  2. I loved the way you explained everything you've done and the reasons for it...especially the name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so interesting that you included a definition of the term "geek". I didn't know it! As for the rest, everything is so clear and organized. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete