Friday 1 November 2013

How do I integrate technology in my lessons?

I think I've always in some way or another integrated technology into my lessons. I have been teaching for two years at a primary school with 1st, 2nd and 3rd form.  Taking into consideration the stages described in the SAMR model, I consider that my use of technology in the classroom could be placed at the Augmentation stage.

I usually create worksheets in word to hand in to my students, this practice is an example of the Substitution stage. Another example of a practice where I use technology is when sometimes in order to introduce or review a topic I show my students a video on the projector, instead of working with the book, and after watching the video they usually produce some material to show to the rest of the class.

  For example, I was teaching them parts of the house, so we watched Winnie the Witch and after that, in groups of 4 they had to draw Winnie's house and write the names of the different rooms. I believe that this is and activity that could be set in the Augmentation stage, since the same thing could be achieved by just reading the book.

Let me know your thoughts on my reflections!
Cheers!

Euge

No comments:

Post a Comment